Immunity boosting, nourishing foods have been on the forefront of our mind this past year. What ingredients can we pair with our matcha that don’t only taste amazing, but also provide nutritional value to our customers? As we celebrated the one year anniversary of our rebrand to Junbi, we launched a new matcha to celebrate a momentous year. Our Elderberry Matcha!
What is elderberry and what does it mean for it to be categorized as a superfood? How is consuming elderberry beneficial to our bodies?
Superfoods are described to have exceptionally nutrient-rich properties. They are high in micronutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which are all essential for our bodies to thrive. Think kale, turmeric, and chia seeds! The elderberry specifically is high in vitamin C and dietary fiber, a good source of antioxidants including compounds such as phenolic acids, flavanols, and anthocyanins, contains anti-inflammatory properties, and is rich in minerals such as potassium, iron, phosphorus, and copper.
Whoa, that sounds amazing! But what does all this mean?
Elderberry is known as one of the most healing plants in the world, and is most often used as a source to fight cold and flu symptoms. Let’s break down its amazing nutritional benefits:
- Ability to strengthen the immune system by protecting the body against infections and bacteria
- High in dietary fiber, which helps aid digestion, improve gastrointestinal health, and increases better absorption of nutrients
- Cuts down bad cholesterols, lowering the probability of cardiovascular problems
- Helps mitigate diabetes, heart disease, and inflammatory conditions
- Enhances respiratory health
The elderberry is tiny, but certainly mighty. With our Elderberry Matcha, you’ll be double-fisting immunity boosting foods to help you Prepare Daringly on your journey.
Thank you so matcha for tuning into our blog!